Senior Product Manager
RemoteNetherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamProduct
Relive is an app used by more than 14 million people to track and share their outdoor adventures. Everything from epic bike rides in the mountains to long walks in the forest. We think that being outdoors and exploring the world around you is amazing for your mental and physical wellbeing, and we're on a mission to get everyone exploring the outdoors and living a healthy and active life.
We're growing fast, 100% organically via viral/word of mouth growth loops. This works because our users love our product and love to share it with their friends and family. We are aiming to have more than 100 million users of Relive within the next 3 years.
👩🔬 Senior Product Managers at Relive
We're looking for an experienced senior product manager to help us build the next step in our journey to get 100 million users exploring the outdoors. You'll lead a small team (you + 5) and be given a clear focus area. Your job is to work with the team to understand the problem-space, find the right opportunities to have an impact, and work together to execute on your strategy.
Each team is highly autonomous. All of our developers are full stack and empowered to touch any part of our codebase. In practice, this means that no matter what you want to execute as a team there are no "stakeholders" to coordinate with and no dependencies on other teams, which also means fewer meetings and more time for thinking & research.
💡 What would I work on?
We're planning to start investing in a few new areas of our product. You'll be focused on enabling communities to gather and thrive on Relive. Everything from your local running club to your favourite athlete to the national park you've been dying to visit. You'll either be focused on providing creators or community members with the tools and experiences they need to get inspired to explore the outdoors and to stay happy and healthy.
Your role will be crucial for making communities within Relive a success. You'll work on better understanding the problem space (coming with a lot of uncertainty), defining the strategy, and identifying high-impact focus areas. You'll work with your team to start executing on your strategy as quickly as possible, learning and adjusting as we go.
⭐ The highlights
- We work in empowered and autonomous product teams. The teams are given clear focuses areas, ambitious objectives, and the safety and trust to do amazing things. The best summary of this mindset is Inspired by Marty Cagan. We like it so much that every PM who joins us gets a copy of his book.
- Our product is growing really fast - more than 1 million new users per month in 2021. We grow 100% organically, our users love our product and share it with their friends and family.
- The way we work as product teams is at the forefront of modern product building - no scrum, no backlogs or estimates, no coordinating across different departments, no red tape or CEOs telling you what features to build. Just smart people with high autonomy and lots of context about our users and the problems they face.
- If you want to work on a consumer product with insane growth and are ready to grow yourself and learn faster than you could ever imagine then Relive could be the place for you.
👋 Remote first
We believe working at Relive should, just like our product, help you lead a healthy and happy life. It's important to be able to work flexibly - where you work, when you work. Being able to head out for a run to clear your head, or being able to work from nature for a few weeks per year. How much time you spend in front of your keyboard isn't what matters.
That's why we work remote first. It means our way of working enables remote working for everyone. It's up to you where and when you want to work. We trust you to spend your time wisely. All our rituals and teams are designed for remote working. You can work in any country in the +/- 1 hour CET time zone range, as we've not mastered the art of working across many timezones and we don't plan to invest our time in that challenge in the next few years.
We currently have an office in Rotterdam 🇳🇱 where you can work if you prefer a physical space, and we're happy to help you relocate here if you choose. Like to have a change of scenery? You can work from any co-working space, no matter where you're located. We'll cover these costs.
We expect everyone on the team to get together a few times a year as we think it's important to make in-person bonds to strengthen our relations. That means a few times a year you can expect to travel to spend time with your team, make connections, and have fun together.
💛 Happy at Relive
✔ €65k to €80k salary + stock appreciate rights (SARs)
✔ Lots of opportunities for personal growth and development
✔ Parent-friendly culture
✔ Our epic Explorers Policy:
🌍 Live & work from any country within -1/+1 CET
🏢 Unlimited use of any co-working space
☕ Monthly €50 allowance for your home office
🕒 Flexible working hours
🎉 2x company retreats per year to meet in person (and do fun stuff)
💻 Get all the tools you need to be productive
🔭 What we're looking for
👍 Relive PMs are:
- User obsessed - we talk to users constantly and dive into the data we have about their behaviour.
- Analytical - we've got a lot of data and believe heavily in A/B testing whenever it is possible (almost always).
- Focused on pointing the ship in the right direction - nobody is going to tell you what to do, you're here to figure it out.
- Risk takers - we won't make an impact on the world if we only work incrementally. You need to be willing to make decisions and fail often, and we've build a culture to support that.
You can find a more detailed overview of the traits we look for in a PM here
👎 On the flip side, Relive PMs are not:
- Fanatical about scrum - we don't follow a rigid methodology. We have our own process and are constantly evolving it as we learn.
- Project managers - you'll get guidance and strategy from the leadership of Relive, but nobody is giving you projects to execute on or tasks to deliver.
- Busy grooming a backlog - we don't believe in backlogs full of tasks you'll never work on. We don't waste time with estimates or pretending that we can plan what tasks we'll be working on in 6 months.
- Unable to make a decision with limited data - we will never have as much data as we would like, that can't slow us down from making decisions.
Who you are 🙋♀️
This role is ideal if you have 4 or more years experience working as a PM. Ideally you've spent some of that time working on a B2C product with a large user base. You're comfortable with continuous discovery processes, generating insights, and leading a team to build amazing experiences that delight users and deliver on business goals.