RemoteNetherlands, Zuid-Holland, RotterdamProduct
Relive is an app used by more than 14 million people to track and share their outdoor adventures. We think that being outdoors and exploring the world around you is amazing for your mental and physical wellbeing, and we're on a mission to get everyone exploring the outdoors and living a healthy and active life.
We’re passionate about being outdoors, sharing stories, and creating a company where we love to work. Bringing the best out of everyone as a team. That means constantly learning new things, being flexible about when and where we work, and empowering each other to do the best work of our lives. When doing things at Relive, we like to learn fast, together - creating a product people love to use and share. This means a lot to us. We have an open team culture and a bias towards action.
We're growing fast (100% YoY for most metrics). We currently grow 100% organically via viral/word of mouth growth loops - users share an activity from Relive to their social media and that triggers their friends to sign up too. This works because our users love our product and love to share it with their friends and family. We are aiming to have more than 100 million users of Relive within the next 3 years.
👩🔬 Product Analysts at Relive
We're looking for product analysts to join our team so that we can accelerate our discovery process. You'll be part of a small team (you + 5) who own a clear focus area. Your job is to work with your team to understand the problems our users are facing, help to define possible solutions, and evaluate our work to know if we're having an impact. You'll work together to find opportunities to delight our users and help them to live happier and healthier lives.
💡 What would I work on?
- You will be working directly with your product team (mostly your product manager and designer) on a day-to-day basis, creating a better understanding of what our customers are doing and need. This often takes the form of exploratory data analysis and user research.
- Based on these insights you'll help the team to propose solutions. You act as a sparring partner to make sure the solutions are focused on the right problem, have the right reach and possible impact, and are testable. You help inform these solutions with data when needed.
- You own the A/B testing process for your team. Making sure the hypotheses we produce are testable, ensuring we define the right metrics and are able to measure them, monitoring and concluding the experiments, and feeding learnings back to the team in an understandable and actionable way.
- Sometimes you help the team answer ad hoc questions. As much as possible we try to democratise access to the data, but in a pinch you step in and help the team answer tricky questions.
- You work to make your team more data informed. That might mean breaking down lagging metrics into leading ones, working with your product manager to define key metrics and produce dashboards to monitor them, or providing coaching and support to the team so they can ask and answer the right questions on their own.
- You'll work on a mix of new solutions and optimisation. You're excited about being involved from beginning to end - from the initial product hypothesis, analysis of opportunity space, solution design and optimisation of chosen solution for it to have the desired impact.
⭐ The highlights
- We work in empowered and autonomous product teams. The teams are given clear focus areas, ambitious objectives, and the safety and trust to do amazing things. This give everyone a chance to focus on having an impact rather than wasting time with meetings and red tape.
- Our product is growing really fast - more than 1 million new users per month in 2021. We grow 100% organically, our users love our product and share it with their friends and family. We've got huge amounts of data and users who love talking to us, you'll never have to worry about too little data or not enough users willing to join an interview.
- You'll contribute to all parts of the discovery process - this is a chance to develop your skills from user research to high-scale A/B testing on millions of users and more.
- You get to have a visible impact on our product and our users. Your fingerprints will be on a product used and loved by millions of users around the world.
- If you want to work on a consumer product with insane growth and are ready to grow yourself and learn faster than you could ever imagine then Relive could be the place for you.
👋 Remote first
We believe working at Relive should, just like our product, help you lead a healthy and happy life. It's important to be able to work flexibly - where you work, when you work. Being able to head out for a run to clear your head, or being able to work from nature for a few weeks per year. How much time you spend in front of your keyboard isn't what matters.
That's why we work Remote first. It means our way of working enables remote working for everyone. It's up to you where and when you want to work. We trust you to spend your time wisely. All our rituals and teams are designed for remote working. You can work in any country in the +/- 1 hour CET time zone range, as we've not mastered the art of working across many timezones and we don't plan to invest our time in that challenge in the next few years.
We do have an office in Rotterdam 🇳🇱 where you can work if you prefer a physical space, and we're happy to help you relocate here if you choose. Like to have a change of scenery? You can work from any co-working space, no matter where you're located. We'll cover these costs.
We expect everyone on the team to get together a few times a year as we think it's important to make in-person bonds to strengthen our relations. That means a few times a year you can expect to travel to spend time with your team, make connections, and have fun together, like our retreat in September 👇
💛 Happy at Relive
✔ Lots of opportunities for personal growth and development
✔ Parent-friendly culture
✔ Stock appreciation rights (SARs)
✔ Our epic Explorers Policy:
🌍 Live & work from any country within -1/+1 CET
🏢 Unlimited use of any co-working space
☕ Monthly €50 allowance for your home office
🕒 Flexible working hours
🎉 2x company retreats per year to meet in person (and do fun stuff)
💻 Get all the tools you need to be productive
🔭 What we're looking for
👍 Relive Product Analysts are:
- User obsessed - we talk to users constantly and dive into the data we have about their behaviour.
- Analytical - we've got a lot of data and believe in A/B testing whenever it is possible (almost always). You're able to break down problems, spot patterns, and draw conclusions.
- Critical thinkers - it's easy to lie to ourselves with data or use it to confirm our beliefs. You are regularly challenging your team, looking for flaws in your reasoning, and helping to find truth rather than proof.
👎 Relive Product Analysts are not:
- Focused on producing data - your job is generating insights, not answering ad hoc questions. If you get your kicks from making dashboards and providing data to your team then this probably isn't the role for you.
- Afraid of talking to users - our data tells us the what, you're eager to talk to users and curious to understand the why.
- Lone wolves - You bring your skills to the group and work together to deliver value to our users. You're willing to contribute to every part of the discovery process.
🙋 Who you are
- Experience - You've worked on a consumer product at scale before. You've probably spent a few years working in a similar role (product analyst, data scientist, UX researcher, web analyst, CRO specialist, etc.)
- Strong data skills - You're comfortable writing SQL queries and working with complex data sets.
- User focused - You enjoy getting close to the user and understand the importance of mixing qualitative insights with quantitative ones. You're not afraid to get out of the building and talk to users.
- All about insights - You're driven by learning about our users, how they use our product and the problems we could solve for them. Writing a query or making a dashboard are only tools to achieve this, not what drives you.
- Comfortable with A/B testing - You know how to design an experiment to test a hypothesis. You're comfortable analysing the results and providing conclusions to your team.
- Love spreading insights - You love to spread what you learn to your team and the rest of the company. You're a clear communicator and know how to simplify complex concepts in to understandable messages.
👀 We recommend you read this overview of the role, including the most commonly asked questions, before applying.