Head of People & Culture
RemoteNetherlands, Zuid-Holland, RotterdamHR
Relive is an app used by more than 14 million people to track and share their outdoor adventures. Everything from epic bike rides in the mountains to long walks in the forest. We think that being outdoors and exploring the world around you is amazing for your mental and physical wellbeing, and we're on a mission to get everyone exploring the outdoors and living a healthy and active life.
Right now we’re in a unique position to grow Relive into the world’s largest outdoor community. We're growing fast (this year we'll add more than 1 million new users a month) and we believe that in three years from now, more than 100 million people across the globe can be motivating and inspiring each other to explore the world around them.
We’re passionate about being outdoors, sharing stories, and creating a company where we love to work. Bringing the best out of everyone as a team. That means constantly learning new things, being flexible about when and where we work, and empowering each other to do the best work of our lives.
When doing things at Relive, we like to learn fast, together - creating a product people love to use and share. This means a lot to us. We have an open team culture and a bias towards action.
🦸 Head of People & Culture at Relive
Our product is growing fast and we're scaling big time (from 40 to 100+ A-players in 2022). Exciting times and a unique opportunity for us all, which also brings a ton of challenges.
That's why we're looking for an experienced Head of People & Culture to join us and help our growing team to be successful. Your focus will be a mix of high level strategy and hands-on people operations.
As our first Head of People & Culture you know all about the employee lifecycle, leading people, building amazing cultures, people processes & policies, and you have experience building and implementing them in high-growth startups.
You'll be in charge of driving our people operations - generating and executing solutions to improve our existing people processes. You will partner closely with our leadership team to align on Relive’s future needs and to advise on both people strategy, tactics and tooling.
💡 What would I work on?
Your mission is to build a successful and inclusive A-player team that continuously enables our users to get outdoors and live a happy and healthy live.
You're leading the whole people area. You do this by carefully designing every touch point of our employee journey, cultivating an amazing remote culture, managing the People team and aligning strategy, processes & policies with our leadership team.
Some of the things that you can expect to be working on when joining us:
- Evaluate and help define our team growth strategy
- Cultivate our remote culture to keep everyone aligned, engaged and motivated
- Expand our personal development curriculum, Relive Academy, to enable talent development company-wide
- Evaluate and define a competitive compensation & benefits framework
- Lead (and grow) the People & Talent Team
- Develop our employer brand, letting others know how epic it is to work at Relive
🔭 What we're looking for
👍 Our Head of People & Culture is:
- Experienced - You have been the end-responsible person for all People related touch points in a high-growth startup environment for 3-5 years. This wouldn't be your first Head of People & Culture job. You're used to working in a high-growth tech environment, bonus for a B2C product.
- Inspiring - You naturally take the lead when it comes to building an epic remote culture at Relive. You're a human leader that people look up to and you easily connect with people from all walks of life.
- Resilient - We move fast and things can change quickly - you're not afraid to kill your darlings.
- People focussed - You to put our people at the heart of everything you and your team does.
- Analytical - You're focused on insights and problems before solutions and you love data to analyse and improve people practices and strategies.
- Remote first - You're an advocate for working remotely and empowering people to do their best work remotely is something you love.
👎 On the flip side, our Head of People & Culture is not:
- Afraid to take action - While your defining and implementing your people strategy, you're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help the People team out with all sorts of things.
- A perfectionist - We've got a long journey ahead. You need to be willing to move quickly, experiment, and sometimes fail. Not every process needs to be perfected before we move on to the next. High standards are great, moving slowly will kill us.
- Office aficionado - We're all about leading healthy and happy lives. That's why we believe everyone should decide where and when they want work. Happy and high performing teams are not built in an office.
- Shaped by big corporates - You're not keen on doing things how they're typically done. We've seen that people who learned the ropes of people ops in big corporates usually don't align with how we work - move quickly, experiment often, iterate and learn fast.
🤗 Who will I be working with?
As our Head of People & Culture you will be leading the People & Talent team (6 people). So you'll be working a lot with them. Our Talent Acquisition Lead, Iñez, will report to you on all TA matters. On the People matters you'll be working with Paula, our People Ops Specialist.
Next to that, you'll be closely working with Joris, our COO & Co-founder. You will also advise him and the rest of the leadership team on all People related strategies and tactics.
👋 Remote first
We believe working at Relive should, just like our product, help you lead a healthy and happy life. It's important to be able to work flexibly - where you work, when you work. Being able to head out for a run to clear your head, or being able to work from nature for a few weeks per year. How much time you spend in front of your keyboard isn't what matters.
That's why we work remote first. It means our way of working enables remote working for everyone. It's up to you where and when you want to work. We trust you to spend your time wisely. All our rituals and teams are designed for remote working. You can work in any country in the +/- 1 hour CET time zone range, as we've not mastered the art of working across many timezones and we don't plan to invest our time in that challenge in the next few years.
We do have an office in Rotterdam 🇳🇱 where you can work if you prefer a physical space, and we're happy to help you relocate here if you choose. Like to have a change of scenery? You can work from any co-working space, no matter where you're located. We'll cover these costs.
We expect everyone on the team to get together a few times a year as we think it's important to make in-person bonds to strengthen our relations. That means a few times a year you can expect to travel to spend time with your team, make connections, and have fun together, like our retreat in September 👇
💛 Happy at Relive
✔ €80 to €100k salary + stock appreciation rights (SARs)
✔ Key position in a fast growing startup
✔ 40+ passionate people working on a product they love
✔ Lots of opportunities for personal growth and development
✔ Parent-friendly culture
✔ Our epic Explorers Policy:
🌍 Live & work from any country within -1/+1 CET
🏢 Unlimited use of any co-working space
☕ Monthly €50 allowance for your home office
🕒 Flexible working hours
🎉 2x company retreats per year to meet in person (and do fun stuff)
💻 Get all the tools you need to be productive