Full Stack Engineer
Relive is an app used by more than 12 million people to track and share their outdoor adventures. Everything from epic bike rides in the mountains to long walks in the forest. We think that being outdoors and exploring the world around you is amazing for your mental and physical wellbeing, and we're on a mission to get everyone exploring the outdoors and living a healthy and active life.
We’re passionate about being outdoors, sharing stories, and creating a company where we love to work. Bringing the best out of everyone as a team. That means constantly learning new things, being flexible about when and where we work, and empowering each other to do the best work of our lives. When doing things at Relive, we like to learn fast, together - creating a product people love to use and share. This means a lot to us. We have an open team culture and a bias towards action.
We're growing fast (this year we'll add more than 1 million new users a month) and we are aiming to have more than 100 million users of Relive within the next 3 years which is why we are looking for some amazing Full Stack Developers to join our team!
💡 What would I work on?
This year we plan to start investing in a few new areas of our product. Depending on when you join you'll end up being given a clear focus area and joining a cross-functional kick-ass team. You'll be building new features that will be in the hands of our users in a matter of days - not weeks or months. Some examples of team focus areas we're investing in for 2021 include:
Helping users to understand their health and wellness. Our users want our support in staying active, understanding how they are improving over time, and ultimately helping them to live healthier lives. This takes different forms for every user and can be a key reason to keep using Relive long into the future.
Take Relive from single player to multiplayer. Relive is awesome today for your own activities, but it doesn't get better as the community grows. We want to make Relive increase in value and enjoyment for our users as we continue to grow towards 100 million users.
Give our users an activity tracker that they love. Today our activity tracker is functional but not lovable. We want to make it easier and more valuable for our users to track every activity with Relive.
Our Tech Stack
⭐ The highlights
We work in empowered and autonomous product teams. The teams are given clear focus areas, ambitious objectives, and the safety and trust to do amazing things. This give everyone a chance to focus on having an impact rather than wasting time with meetings and red tape.
Our product is growing really fast - more than 1 million new users per month in 2021. We grow 100% organically, our users love our product and share it with their friends and family.
- You get to have a visible impact on our product and our users. Your fingerprints will be on a product used and loved by millions of users around the world and you'll get to see your code in the hands of our users in a matter of days.
- If you want to work on a consumer product with insane growth and are ready to grow yourself and learn faster than you could ever imagine then Relive could be the place for you.
👋 Remote first
We're a remote-first company. That means all our rituals and teams are designed for remote working. You can work in any country in a similar time zone (we're CET) as we've not mastered the art of working across timezones and we don't plan to invest our time in that challenge in the next few years. In practice, that means being located somewhere in Europe.
We have an office in Rotterdam 🇳🇱 where you can work if you prefer a physical space, and we're happy to help you relocate here if you choose.
We expect everyone on the team to get together a few times a year as we still think it's useful to make in-person bonds to strengthen our remote-first culture. That means a few times a year you can expect to travel to Rotterdam to spend time with your team, make connections, and have some fun together.
Who you are 🏆
- You have experience using TypeScript
- You work with mobile app development (React Native for Android and/or iOS)
- You've worked with Node.js building APIs and backend services.
- You are using GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket to review the work of your team and get feedback on your own work.
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
- You have worked in small cross-functional teams, shipping a product.
- User focused, you love building product for the end user
Would be a bonus if you have the following experience:
- Experience building native apps for iOS / Android (Swift / Kotlin / Java)
- Experience building cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with MySQL and Dynamo databases
- Creating and maintaining REST or GraphQL APIs
- You know cli git commands by heart
- Building front-end applications with React / Angular / Vue or similar
- You've shipped a consumer product, with a large user base and using an iterative / learning approach.
🤙 Happy at Relive
Together we’re creating a company where we love to work. Why should you join us right now?
- Decide your own remote working balance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 30+ passionate people working on a product they love
- MacBook Pro
- Travel reimbursement
- Tasty (and free) lunches
- Awesome office (48 seconds from Rotterdam Central Station)
- Key position in a growing startup
- €50 monthly budget for your home office
- Possibility for personal growth and development
- Lots of responsibility and a real chance to make an impact
Let's go 🚀
We hope you're as excited as we are! Start by applying and we'll be in touch soon.